OBS & Gynaecology
Goals & Objectives
Goals / Objectives= To prepare M.B;B.S. DGO and M.S. candidates so that they serve the society in a mature and responsible manner with more emphasis on prevention of diseases, giving health education and creation of health awareness in the field of reproductive health.
|Head & Professor||Dr. Ragini Verma||MD(O&G).|
|Associate Professor||Dr. Anjani Srivastava||MS(O&G)|
|Associate Professor||Dr.Saral Bhatia||MS(O&G)|
|Assistant Professor||Dr.Amisha Patel||MS(O&G)|
|Assistant Professor||Dr.Dhwani Desai||MS(O&G)|
|Assistant Professor||Dr.Amisha Dumaswala||MS(O&G)|
|Assistant Professor||Dr.Nilam Prajapati||MS(O&G)|
|Assistant Professor||Dr.Falguni Patel||MS(O&G)|
|Assistant Professor||Dr.Jagruti Anavadia||MS(O&G)|
|Assistant Professor||Dr.Vibhuti Chaudhari||MS(O&G)|
|Assistant Professor||Dr.Nirali Patel||MS(O&G)|
|Assistant Professor||Dr.Parul Udhnawala||MS(O&G)|
|Assistant Professor||Dr.Suchita Patel||MS(O&G)|
|Assistant Professor||Dr.Sandip Parmar||MS(O&G)|
|Assistant Professor||Dr.Ekta Desai||MS(O&G)|
Services Provided/ Functions of Department
Dr. Ragini Verma :
- Sacrospinous fixation for prevention of vault prolapse in IJOGNo49Vol4Pg164-176 - Uteroplacental Doppler in screening for High Risk Pregnancy in IJOG No.51Pg 123-132 - Umbilical and cerebral arterial flow velocity waveforms and neonatal outcome in high risk pregnancy Jo of O&G-may june 07 - Maternal and fetal CVS side effects of nifedipine and ritodrine used as tocolyticsJo of O&G Aug07
Research Projects in past
- Kishan- Comparisionof Mifepristone and Misoprotol with Misoprostol alone in 2nd trimaster MTP.
- Dipeeka – Diagnostic laparoscopic finding in patients of infertility & it’s outcome.
- Parul – Study of fetal & perinatal outcome in severe preeclampsia.
- Ram – Epidural analgesia in labour.
- Sania – Role of Doppler in oligohydramnions after 32 weeks pregnancy with perinatal outcome.
- Sejal –Comparision of TVS &SIS in evaluation of abnormal uterine bleeding.
- Nainesh – Comparision of FBS & O’Sullivan test in 24-32 weeks pregnancy & fetomaternal outcome.
- Prerana – Comparision of VILI & Papsmear in screening of early cervical lesion in patients with RTI & STI.
- Mitesh – postpartum Cu –T insertion & its acceptance.
Research projects on hand :
- Mayank – Fetal outcome in sickle positive pregnant women.
- Parth – Comparision of Misoprostol alone with Mifepristone &Misoprostol in IUFD with 32-36 weeks pregnancy.
- Tejas – Comparision of colposcopic finding in PLWH women.
- Urvi – Fetal outcome in pregnant women with PLWH.
- Pooja – prevalence of RTI, STI in PLWH women complaining of vaginal discharge,
- Arti -
- Tejal- Maternal BMI on admission in labor and labor outcome
- Kalpana - Asymptomatic bacteriuria in pregnancy and materno-fetal outcome
- Basic and Emergency obstetrics care
- Tertiary level referral centre for entire South Gujarat and borders of Maharastra
- Gynecological unit providing all basic and advanced facilities.
- Infertility treatment centre
- Cancer surgeries and Chemotherapy centre
- Urogynecologic facilities like stress incontinence surgeries, meshplasty, prolapse surgeries
- Laparoscopic surgery facilities like lap.hysterectomy, lap. Ectopic surgeries
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Microsurgeries like recanalisation facilities for tubal block
- Thermaballoon ablation for DUB