DEPARTMENT OF RADIODIAGNOSIS
The Department of Radiodiagnosis & Imaging at GMC and New Civil Hospital, Surat is renowned all over Gujarat for the numerous diagnostic imaging services it offers. With the expertise and vast experience of our faculty members and dedication of resident doctors, the department strives for excellence in patient care, teaching and research. An astonishing volume of imaging studies is performed in the department (more than 60000 Ultrasound scans per year and more than 6000 CT scans per year). Exposure to a wide variety of pathologies, along with didactic teaching of the residents makes our radiology residency program highly coveted and we pride ourselves in producing excellent radiologists.
SALIENT FEATURES OF OUR DEPARTMENT:
- Ours is the only department in Gujarat where a fully functional PACS system is in operation since last 3 yrs.
- Our MRI center, which runs on public-private partnership, has maximum workload in whole of Gujarat.
- Our Department building is the first building in Gujarat which is constructed as per AERB norms.
- Our department will soon get ELORA. Process is about to be completed.
- Our department has got sanctions worth 8.5 cr for upgradation of the department.
|Dr Mahesh Vadel||Professor and Head|
|Dr Purvi Desai||Assoc. Professor|
|Dr Bhagvati Ukani||Assoc. Professor|
|Dr Anju Sharma||Assoc. Professor|
|Dr Daxa Chavda||Asst. Professor|
|Dr Hinal Bhagat||Asst. Professor|
|Dr Dhara Shah||Asst. Professor|
|Dr Priyanka Desai||Tutor|
|Dr Kanchan Kshirsagar||Tutor|
|NAME OF RESIDENT||YEAR|
|DR VIRAL PANCHAL||III yr|
|DR MITESH GHADIAYALI||III yr|
|DR AJINKYA MAHESHWARI||II yr|
|DR SAURABH GOYAL||II yr|
|DR MAHESH BUHA||II yr|
|DR DEEPA LALWALA||II yr|
|DR YASH JARDOSH||II yr|
|DR VRUSHTI GANDHI||II yr|
|DR DILEEP JHA||II yr|
|DR RAHUL SHARMA||I yr|
|DR PRAVIN MEENA||I yr|
|DR CHAITANYA PATEL||I yr|
|DR DHWANI UPADHYAYA||I yr|
|DR DEVYANI AMBADEKAR||I yr|
|DR PRADIP AANAND||I yr|
|DR GIRISH GHODADARA||I yr|
FACILITIES IN THE DEPARTMENT:
- MRI (1.5 T)
- CT Scan (6-slice)
- Ultrasonography (3D & 4D)
- Conventional & Digital radiography.
- Digital mammography
- Colour Doppler.
- Paper Presentation of Foetus in fitu by Dr Purvi Desai, World Conference, IACOG , Australia, 2013.
- Paper Presentation of Carotid Doppler with MRI correlation in cases of stroke-Dr Pratik Pesivadia-IRIA, Agra,2014
- Paper Presentation of CT guided lung biopsy by Dr Jenish Shah, IRIA, Agra,2014
- Paper Presentation of Abnormal presentation of lymphoma-Dr Viral Panchal, IRIA, Agra,2014
- Poster presentation of rare case report of alveolar proteinosis by Dr Pratik Pesivadia, IRIA, Agra, 2014
- Poster presentation of rare case report of limb body wall complex in fetus-Dr Viral Panchal, IRIA, Agra, 2014
- Paper Presentation of USG of small joints-Dr Pranav Satbhai, IRIA, Indore, 2013
- Paper Presentation of Avascular necrosis X ray & MRI correlation-Dr Anant Chaudhary, IRIA, Indore, 2013
- Poster presentation of Role of HRCT in Temporal bone Imaging-Dr Anchal Sharma, IRIA, Indore, 2013
- Poster presentation of Radiology in congenital anomalies- Dr Anant Chaudhary, IRIA, Indore, 2013
- Poster presentation of Fungal infection in Chest X-ray & CT scan-Dr Pranav Satbhai ,IRIA, Indore, 2013
- Poster presentation of Role of MRI & CT scan in retroperitoneal lesions- Dr Anant Chaudhari, IRIA, Indore, 2013
In its efforts to continually stay updated with advancements in the field of Radiology—
- Our Department has conducted a state level conference on musculoskeletal ultrasound at Gateway Taj Hotel, Surat in June, 2012.
- In year 2012, 2013 guest lectures and hands on presentations on Fetal Medicine was conducted by Dr. Binodini Chauhan.
- There are annually 6 to 7 CME’s conducted by our department in our seminar hall.
- There are regular guest lectures in our lecture hall conducted for resident doctors by renowned Radiologists of our city.
- There are various journals available in our library like the Indian Journal of Radiology and Imaging, Indian Journal of Medical Ultrasound.
- M.D.: 5 seats per year ( 3 yr course)
- DMRD: 2 seats per year (2 yr )
- Radiology Tehnician Course ( 1 yr course)
- 3 T MRI Unit
- 128 slice CT scan unit
- High end Color Doppler Machine.
- Direct Digital Radiography Systems.
- DSI ( Digital Subtraction Imaging) unit
- USG and MRI correlation in Rotator cuff pathologies-Dr Jenish Shah (Yr 2014)
- Correlation of CT and MRI in orbit lesions- Dr Pranav Satbhai (Yr 2014)
- X rays and MRI Correlation of Primary bone tumours- Dr Anchal Sharma (Yr 2015)
- USG and MRI Correlation in neonatal brain pathologies-Dr Pratik Pesivadia (Yr 2015)
- A rare case report of congenital agenesis of gall bladder: A surprise and puzzle to both radiologist and surgeon
- CT scan and MRI correlation of orbital lesions.
- CT and MRI features in patient of Tay-Sachs disease.
- USG, X Ray and CT features in patient of primary hyperparathyroidism
- MRI features in patient of Hemagioblastoma
- Role of Multidetector CT in evaluation of abdominal trauma
- Correlation of Colour Doppler and MRI in patient of CVA stroke.
- To study advantages and disadvantages of CT guided percutaneous biopsy in the diagnosis of various lung pathologies.
- To study various unusual presentation of lymphomas involving body.
- A rare case report of inflammatory pseudotumour of lung and reviewing its imaging features.
- A rare case report of pulmonary alveolar proteinosis and reviewing its HRCT features.
- A rare case report of limb body wall complex with reviewing its USG features.
Office of HOD: 0261-2208335
CT Scan Centre: 0261-2208322
X Ray Technician: 0261-2208320
|MRI Unit||CT Scanner||USG Machine|
|X-RAY Unit||Mammography unit||PACS System|