- “Foot and Ankle Trauma- Are we too casual?” by DR RAVISH PATEL, DR NITIN CAHUDHRI, DR HARI MENON at IOACON Hyderabad 2014
- “Neglected fracture dislocation of talus” by DR RAVISH PATEL, DR NITIN CHAUDHRI, DR HARI MENON at GOACON Junagadh, 2015
- “DENS FRACTURE – CASE PRESENTATION by DR VISHAL DINDOD, DR HARI MENON, DR ANSHUL GUPTA
- “FUNCTIONAL OUTCOMES OF SURGICALLY TREATED CALCANEUM FRACTURES” by DR JOHNY JOSHI, DR ANSHUL GUPTA at GOACON, JUNAGADH 2015
- “TEN COMMANDMENTS OF MIDFOOT TRAUMA” by DR RAVISH PATEL, DR HARI MENON, DR RAJIV SHAH at IOACON HYDERABAD, 2014
- “FRACTURE TALUS: BE SUSPICIOUS! BE AGGRESSIVE!” by DR RAVISH PATEL, DR ANSHUL GUPTA, DR RAJIV SHAH at IOACON HYDERABAD, 2014
- “FOOT AND ANKLE MALUNION: PREVENTION AND MANAGEMENT by DR RAVISH PATEL, DR HARI MENON, DR RAJIV SHAH at IOACON HYDERABAD 2014
- “CALCANEAL MALUNION NEEDS TO BE APPROACHED LIKE SPINE” by DR RAVISH PATEL, DR HARI MENON, DR RAJIV SHAH at IOACON HYDERABAD, 2014
- “CASE REPORT – CAMPOMELIC DYSPLASIA” by DR ANSHUL GUPTA, DR BV PATEL, DR JAGDISH GOYAL at GOACON SURAT 2010
- “Laminospinous process in posterolateral fusions of spine- a comparison of two different techniques” at International Conference on Spinal Deformities in October, 2007 held at New Delhi
FACULTY/ LECTURES/ PODIUM PRESENTATIONS:[DR HARI J MENON]
- Presentation on “Etiopathology of Degenerative Lumbar Disc Disease” at Rajkot, 2011 under Spine Association of Gujarat
- Presentation of “Pedicle Screw insertion technique” at Video Operative Spine Course, Ahmedabad, 2012
- Presentation on “Kyphoplasty” at Postgraduate Lecture Course, Jamnagar, in 2014
- Presentation on “Rehabilitation of Paraplegic” at Shalby Hospital, Ahmedabad in 2014
- Presentation on “Review of Literature-Isthmic Spondylolosthesis” at Spine Association of Gujarat Meet, at Ahmedabad in 2014
- Presentation on “Bone Morphogenic Proteins” at Post Graduate Lecture Course, Rajkot 2015
- Presentation on “Role of prophylactic Teriparatide?” at Spine Assocation of Gujarat, Annual Meet, June 2015 at Ahmedabad
- Presentation on “Lumbar Intervertebral Disc Prolapse” at Shalby Hospital, Ahmedabad in June 2015
- Invited as Faculty at the “AOSPINE SCOLIOSIS WEEK” at KOCHI, KERALA 2010
FACULTY/ LECTURE :[DR ANSHUL GUPTA]
- AO basic table instructor in Oct. 2011
- AO prebasic course as faculty in Aug 2013
- The department of Orthopaedics has organized “Live Surgical Workshop for Uncemented Total Hip Replacement” in September 2014
- Web cast CME under the Indian Orthopaedic Association in September 2015
Department of Orthopaedics is engaged in
1. Conducting OPD daily, in morning and evening hours [except on Saturday]
2. Attending to patients coming to casualty, 24 hours a day
3. Patient care in the wards in form of dressings, bandaging, plaster and splintage apart from daily rounds by the consultants.
4. Performing orthopaedic operations related to-
- Trauma – stabilisation of fractures of upper limb, lower limb, pelvis and spine including polytrauma patients.
- Joint reconstruction – Total Hip and Knee replacements and complex periarticular fractures.
- Spine – fracture dislocations in cervical and thoraco-lumbar spine, infections including TB, degenerative conditions like disc prolapse and
stenosis, deformity correction in scoliosis and kyphosis and minimal invasive surgeries.
- Arthroscopy – for various injuries and ailments of knee and shoulder.
- Paediatric orthopaedic conditions like CTEV, clubfoot etc.
5. Teaching Undergraduate students and Post graduate students through clinics, lectures, seminars, journal clubs and symposiums.
6. Issuing disability certificates for the physically handicapped, medical fitness of patients appearing before the medical board.
7. Participating in the disability and diagnostic camps organized by the Government of Gujarat.
- Received MCI recognition for additional PG seat in 2013 [Total – 3 PG students / year]
- Conducted a Live Surgical Workshop on Total Hip Arthroplasty in the new Modular OT complex in Sep 2014.
- Podium presentations an d lectures by the faculty at various conferences and lecture course
- Performing surgeries for complex spine deformities [ first time in South Gujarat]
- Total Hip and Knee replacements surgeries done in the institute with components being provided through govt. grant.
- State of the Art Modular OT complex
- C-Arm with IITV
- Arthroscopy set
- Spine Endoscopy system
- Minimal invasive system for fracture treatment
- With rapid progress in the field of orthopaedics and in an era of specialisation , the department does not wish to lag behind. We would like to have dedicated units for Spine, Arthroplasty, Arthroscopy and Paediatric Orthopaedics along with facilities for managing complex trauma
- With the setting up of the Stem Cell Institute in Surat, we would like to co-ordinate for stem cell therapy in various orthopaedic conditions
- This would not only benefit the people of South Gujarat and adjoining states, but also the UG and PG students who come here to gain knowledge and stay abreast with the modern times.